Have you seen the new video highlighting the “House for Betty” concept and design? The video highlights how a home could be “future proofed” and marketed to persons with a genetic propensity for Alzheimer’s type dementia. Unique features of the property include safe wandering paths, bathrooms and kitchens designed for elders, and safety and accessibility features that allow ageing in place.
About this blog
IAHSA’s Global Ageing Network Blog was created because of you!! We got your message loud and clear – “Provide us with a quick and nimble communications vehicle so we can stay connected and create community across borders".
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
- Culturally sensitive care is considered vital to quality long-term care, but often overlooked in discussions. bit.ly/2akf1v2 1 day ago
- Scotland named ‘four-star’ European reference site for innovation on healthy ageing. bit.ly/2aemlZf via @holyrooddaily 3 days ago
- Loneliness can increase the risk of premature elder death by ~30%. Our communities must combat elder isolation. ldng.ag/29V4Htb 1 week ago
- RT @WHO: #WorldPopulationDay: Longer lives are not necessarily healthier lives. We all need to ensure the #YearsAhead are healthier. 1 week ago
- RT @WHO: #WorldPopulationDay: Between 2000 & 2050, the number of people aged 60 and over is expected to double #YearsAhead https://t.co/re9… 1 week ago
Most Recent Comments
|Timothy Green on 2012 Idea House – Home Im…|
|Telecare on Telecare Strategy in Scot…|
|lia on Eden Alternative South Africa…|
|Margaret oji-okoro on New Post from Richard Taylor P…|
|allarubinstein on Best Wheelchair Friendly …|